In this episode, Alison and Arwynne discuss the transits, aspects and moon phases for October 19—November 1, 2014. Our Astrology 360 topic is the Rising Sign, or Ascendant. We talk about what the Ascendant means in your chart, a bit about the history of the rising sign and some examples from the world of celebrity. Arwynne reviews The Ascendant by Jodie Forrest and The Rising Sign by Jeanne Avery and Alison reviews the 2015 Wellness Astrology Guide.
Planetary transits for October 19—November 1, 2014
- 22-Oct-2014 Sun in Scorpio: We’re entering the season of witches and politicians; an intense and decisive time of year
- 23-Oct-2014 Venus in Scorpio: Relationships deepen as Libran indecision gives way to a desire for profound connection
- 24-Oct-2014 Sun Conjunct Venus: Heart and head are aligned in Scorpio; empowering you to pursue your desires
- 25-Oct-2014 Mercury Direct: Oct. 4, R @ 2 degrees Scorpio, D @ 16 Libra (Geminis breathe a sigh of relief)
- 25-Oct-2014 Mars in Capricorn: A cool, calculating Mars, good for strategizing your 5-year plan for world domination
- 27-Oct-2014 Venus Trine Neptune: Dreamy, romantic, “rose-colored glasses,” idealism in relationships/finances
- 27-Oct-2014 Sun Trine Neptune: Spiritual, artistic pursuits (creative Halloween costumes??) and blurred boundaries
Solar Eclipse 23-Oct 2014
1st quarter 30-Oct 2014
Alison reviews the 2015 Wellness Astrology Guide.
Read her full review here.
Astrology 360: The Ascendant/ Rising Sign
Calculate your rising sign, right here:
The Ascendant or Rising sign, along with the Sun and the Moon, is one of the most important and influential components of the birth chart. It has been called the Mask, the Persona, the Personality and the first impression. It is what people see when they first meet you, and it often influences your mannerisms, your way of dressing, your hairstyle, the car you drive, etc. It also determines, in most house systems, which signs will rule each successive house.
- Characteristics and examples of each rising sign
- What happens if the sun & rising sign are very different or in opposition
- Importance in Synastry and Composite charts
- Progressed Ascendants
Below are some familiar faces who share ascendant signs. The similarities you can easily spot in each group help illustrate the signs’ archetypes, for example, the Peter Pan/Tinkerbell quality of Gemini rising, or the brooding intensity of Scorpio rising. (Photos and celebrity data from LibraRising.com.)